Фотография

(sfall) дополнения

• Авторизуйтесь для ответа в теме
Сообщений в теме: 1246

#1241 Гость_Sduibek_*

Гость_Sduibek_*
  • Гости

Отправлено 08 Январь 2019 - 21:02

Hi there! First of all I just wanted to say v1.8 is great, lots of good features :)

I have been noticing some bugs though. I am wondering if there's any plans to fix them? So far I've noticed:

— Multiple enemies highlighted during combat when it's the enemies turn (this should not happen)
 — Highlighting in combat is not always resetting between rounds or between turns
 — NumSoundBuffers does not work at all.
 — Weight display in Barter screen. It's awkward and doesn't seem to serve much purpose. Can we remove it?
 — Is it possible to make optional the feature of many ages available (8 to 60)? Realistic range would be 16 to 35, or maybe 16 to 40.

Это сообщение отредактировано Sduibek - 10 января 2019 | 10:23

#1242 Crafty

Crafty

Продвинутый пользователь

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 сообщений

Отправлено 12 Январь 2019 - 22:33

Hello ;)

QUOTE (Sduibek)
Enabling ddraw/sfall fix for 13-year limit (game crashes after 13 years) messes with the start date. This is a mistake by Crafty in how he coded the fix, not something I did.
It's not my mistake :-p

QUOTE (Sduibek)
lots of good features
There are many more of them, as well as bug fixes of the engine — they are not documented even in russian.

QUOTE (Sduibek)
 — Multiple enemies highlighted during combat when it's the enemies turn (this should not happen)
 — Highlighting in combat is not always resetting between rounds or between turns
I don't know what you're talking about. I need to see it.

QUOTE (Sduibek)
 — NumSoundBuffers does not work at all.
A long-standing fake in sfall, which was moved in sfall1/2.
F1/F2 engine statically allocates space for only 4 audio files to be opened. NumSoundBuffers removes the restriction on internal counter, but did not allocate space for new ones. Now I cannot say exactly what the consequences (memory leak and computer resources), but this "feature" has been removed.

QUOTE (Sduibek)
 — Weight display in Barter screen. It's awkward and doesn't seem to serve much purpose. Can we remove it?
No.

QUOTE (Sduibek)
 — Is it possible to make optional the feature of many ages available (8 to 60)? Realistic range would be 16 to 35, or maybe 16 to 40.
Is this a joke? Who forces the player to put 60, if in his opinion the "real" limit of 40 years?

#1243 Foxx

Foxx

Продвинутый пользователь

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 сообщений

Отправлено 01 Февраль 2019 - 16:44

Crafty
Несколько вопросов про двиг:
В первом Fallout, через бартер напарнику можно накидать предметов выше их грузоподъемности. Если через кражу толкать вещи, то предупреждение пишется "Для этого предмета нет места." В F2 при перевесе напарников через бартер пишется "Извините, столько вы не поднимете." Это движком проверяется? И еще, можно, как-то в скрипте проверку сделать на перевес или такой процедуры нет?

Еще заметил, что при отравлении не появляется табличка ОТРАВЛЕНИЕ, хотя запись в INTRFACE.MSG есть под номером {103}
Вот скрин со скорпионами, они меня раз 20 ударили: https://i6.imageban....7cd4cc87e12.jpg

Это сообщение отредактировано Foxx - 6 февраля 2019 | 18:41

#1244 Гость_Sduibek_*

Гость_Sduibek_*
  • Гости

Отправлено 03 Февраль 2019 - 06:06

@Crafty Thanks for the reply!

It’s not my mistake :-p
My sincere apologies, you are correct. That’s why I didn't list that particular one in my post on this forum. We figured out on NMA that it turned out to be an issue with an older release of Sfall1, but it does not occur with the current v1.8 release.

There are many more of them, as well as bug fixes of the engine — they are not documented even in russian.
Awesome! Is it possible we can get them documented? Having things fully documented and open source is helpful to everyone.

I don't know what you're talking about. I need to see it.
Okay, I will record a video and upload to YouTube. In my setup it's very easy to encounter the issue. Happens in the first 1 or 2 rounds of every combat. Disabling or removing your Sfall1 immediately fixes the issue.

A long-standing fake in sfall, which was moved in sfall1/2. F1/F2 engine statically allocates space for only 4 audio files to be opened. NumSoundBuffers removes the restriction on internal counter, but did not allocate space for new ones. Now I cannot say exactly what the consequences (memory leak and computer resources), but this "feature" has been removed.
Thanks for the explanation! In that case I will remove it from the ddraw.ini distributed with Fallout Fixt to avoid confusion.

Is this a joke? Who forces the player to put 60, if in his opinion the "real" limit of 40 years?
Not a joke. I apologize if the way I phrased anything made it seem I was attacking you or disrespecting your work. That was certainly not my intent. I've spent thousands of hours on Fallout Fixt, so I definitely understand what it's like from the perspective of the creator/designer. I can assure you we're all on the same side. Everyone appreciates your work. What you've done with Sfall1 is truly impressive. But the Fallout fandom is a large community which has many purists, so you should expect to receive feedback on changes and new features.

You are of course not forcing me to choose an age outside the default range, but you *are* forcing an arbitrary feature on us without making it customizable. Playing as an 8-year-old or 60-year-old doesn't make any sense. I love the option of expanded age range, but 8 to 60 just doesn't make sense. The Overseer wouldn't send someone that old or that young out to save the vault. And it should be very easy to make this customizable. It's a win-win that way — everyone will be happy. I'm not the only one who feels this way: https://www.reddit.c..._little_kid_in/

Similarly could you elaborate on why you won't make the weight displayed in Barter screen optional? Currently it does not work properly and stands out from the rest of the interface. To be honest it is a bit of an eyesore and doesn't seem to serve much purpose, I don't understand the purpose of this. As with the age ranges, I have no problem adding new features! Since everyone likes different things so I'm sure some players will love it. But it should be optional.

I appreciate you considering these requests.

#1245 Foxx

Foxx

Продвинутый пользователь

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 сообщений

Отправлено 04 Февраль 2019 - 05:10

QUOTE ("Sduibek")
You are of course not forcing me to choose an age outside the default range, but you *are* forcing an arbitrary feature on us without making it customizable. Playing as an 8-year-old or 60-year-old doesn't make any sense. I love the option of expanded age range, but 8 to 60 just doesn't make sense. The Overseer wouldn't send someone that old or that young out to save the vault. And it should be very easy to make this customizable. It's a win-win that way — everyone will be happy. I'm not the only one who feels this way: https://www.reddit.c..._little_kid_in/

With all due respect, it's just a quibble. In the F1 a lot of things do not meet the logic of age is the last :)

Это сообщение отредактировано Foxx - 4 февраля 2019 | 05:11

#1246 Fakeman

Fakeman

Продвинутый пользователь

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 сообщений

Отправлено 11 Февраль 2019 - 17:41

" Это движком проверяется?
И еще, можно, как-то в скрипте проверку сделать на перевес или такой процедуры нет?"
Да.
Процедуры нет, но есть функции, возвращают макс. и текуший вес.

#1247 Fakeman

Fakeman

Продвинутый пользователь

• Пользователи
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 сообщений

Отправлено 15 Март 2019 - 05:17

Crafty выложи пожалуйста исходники к сфаллу от mappera.
Сам баги в маппере поиcправляю.
Раз ты уже забил на это все. А то сгниют исходники на твоем харде. :)

Это сообщение отредактировано Fakeman - 18 марта 2019 | 19:30